The National Green Standard Award (NGSA) is a unique quality standard driving forward the Circular Economy which recognises socially responsible, economically viable and environmentally sound work practices. The award is achieved by organisations that promote initiatives which demonstrate leadership and commitment to sustainable business practices. Recognising and sharing this knowledge allows other businesses to implement programs similar to those that have demonstrated value for communities, for the planet and for the bottom line.
The assessment process offers improvements that can be made to your business practices and your bottom line whilst offering a score against the three elements of People, Planet, and Profit.
All entries are evaluated utilising a robust and dynamic framework to ensure that the assessment process is pertinent and objective. The framework utilised for the NGSA is a structured model of both self and facilitated assessment that enables participating organisations to be benchmarked against world class performance standards.
A short questionnaire starts the process, giving an initial score. The assessor analyses this data to plan the onsite activity. A final score is achieved against the 31 criteria that make up the three pillars of the NGSA.
The award is open to private companies, publicly listed companies, multi-national subsidiaries, non-government organisations, educational institutions, franchise systems, partnerships, government departments, government agencies, local government and statutory bodies operating in the UK.
Are you ready for a National GREEN STANDARD Award?
If you can answer YES to more than half of the following questions then you’re ready to go forward for a National Green Standard Award. Don’t worry about answering every single one – we are here to work with you to achieve the standard.
- LEADERSHIP Has the senior leadership team committed to and implemented Corporate Social Responsibility policy?
- ETHICS Is decision making within your organisation based on a clear set of values and practices?
- EMPLOYEES Are employees treated fairly and developed to their full potential?
- COMMUNITY Does your organisation support its local community through funding, resources or other activities such as volunteering?
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP Is your organisation committed to sustainability?
- CLIMATE DISCLOSURE Does your organisation monitor, capture and publish its environmental impact?
- CUSTOMER FOCUS Are products and services designed to support customer’s ambitions for sustainability?
Now you know you’re ready for a National Green Standard Award, take a look at the STEPS TO ACCREDITATION.